Clear Bra 101
Get CLEAR on Clear Bra Paint Protection.
Have you thought of, or are you considering having clear bra paint protection installed on your automobile? We really like to ensure the proper education and information on our services and products. Being effectively informed allows you to make a better decision on what' right for you. Whether you opt to have our team perform your car wonders or are out shopping around, it's best to have some good insight and learn about the technology of Clear Bra.
Clear Bra...What is it?
In a nutshell it is a transparent Paint Protection Film (PPF). It's main objective is to protect the paint on your vehicle from a variety of permanent damaging factors from road rubbish to weather. This nearly invisible Protection Film is a lasting urethane that is administered to the external or exterior of cars, boats, vans, RVs, SUVs, motorcycles, and trucks. A vehicle is a big investment. Clear Bra offers you a way to protect your investment from chipping, rock dings, winters salts, gravel, dirt and scratching. If you are serious and passionate about keeping you car's paint free from chips and nicks, Clear Bra is a great solution.
All films are not created equal.
It is important to understand that not all Protective Films are Clear Bra. Many after market films are out there, which we do not recommend or use. There are shops that will install thee cheaper films,, reflecting in a cheaper price for you. So it's very important you know to ask what type of Protective Film will be used. Understand that there tends to be more problems with less reputable, after market films. Top films are Scotch Guard Paint Protection Film 3M and Suntek Paint Protection Films. Both of these have warranty options starting with 5 year warranties. Always ask about the warranties from the shop your requesting info from as well.
Protective Clear Bra films have evolved in quality over the years as well. Top coats are now added to the film, contributing to better durability and lasting.
Technology and installation are important.
As with anything you have performed or serviced by others, the quality and qualifications of the professionals and/or experts are extremely important. The proper tools and technology that are available to the qualified installers are just as important. As all films are not created equal, either are all services performed by shops and businesses. Always ask about training and qualifications. We guarantee qualified, industry trained experts that work with high quality technology and materials, ensuring a happy customer.
How you maintain and care for your Clear Bra once installed is very important as well. Keeping it clean is a basic first step towards maintenance., keeping it clean will help it visually stay looking good. Take care of it like you would your normal paint. Regular sealing and waxing will help keep it up. If you see stains or bug carcasses, clean them up, otherwise long term this can effect the Clear Bra. Your particiaption in the maintaining the Clear Bra is important and can help to keep it looking better and lasting longer.
Pros and Cons of Clear Bra.
The pros and cons given are based on quality films, not after market films, as we believe the cons outweigh any pros, so we stay away from those films entirely.
1. Great Paint Protection. Protects the finish on you car for a lengthy period of time. Infused with a self healing technology, Clear Bra allows most scratches to disappear.
2. Added Value. Protecting the paint adds long term value to your vehicle. Great for leased vehicles.
3. Can be Safely Removed. When you want it gone or need to replace down the road, it is not a difficult task.
4. Prevents the Need to Repaint. With the great protection Clear Bra offers, you can be relieved of the need to fix the paint chips or even the fascia, fenders, or even full bumpers.
5. Length and Durability. Quality film, Clear Bra, when properly installed is long lasting and very durable.
1. Yellowing. Film can begin to yellow a bit naturally. More visible on white cars
2. Edge Lines. If partially applied to areas on car, a slightly visible "edge line" can be seen. We recommend full applications to avoid this.
Speak with one of our specialists to see if Clear Bra is right for you.